Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Blog Against Sexism Day

Aparently.... it's blog against sexism day (for another 4 minutes). So here's my trivial post about a horribly non-trivial problem.

Thought about having girls or boys for children.

To quote my crass uncle:
"If you have a boy, you only have to worry about one penis. If you have a girl, you have to worry about ALL of them."

I love my daughter.
I see myself being overly protective of her someday... that someday may already be here.
I love seeing her play with dolls.
I love when she follows me around and mimics me fixing stuff.
I love seeing her hug her Mom.
I love hearing her laugh.
I love seeing her SCREAM and then tell herself "shhhh".... "giggle"....
I love my wife.
I love the way she smiles.
I love the way she is with Ellie.
I love them both...

I feel like I'd just beat the crap out anyone who tried to hurt them...

Is that sexist?

2 comments:

Sarahlynn said...

No. I bet you'd feel the same way if your daughter were a son, and if mommy was a man you loved.

paulboal said...

You know what... you're right...
Now I feel better.