Thursday, March 02, 2006

Babysitting

No, I'm not babysitting. I'm just being a stay-at-home Dad, working part time for a couple days while Sarahlynn's out of town being a full-time working Mom. There are some dads I know who do babsit their kids from time to time. Interesting to think about the distinction between babysitting and just taking a turn watching kids... Semantics.

The point was, though, that I must have some strange narcoleptic affect on Ellie. Today, I had a business lunch with several layers of bosses above me. So, I got a friend of ours who owns his own consulting business and works from home to watch Ellie while I was at lunch. (Thanks Scott!) He did a great job. Fed Ellie lunch. Played with her. Kept her entertained and awake until about 2PM. I picked her up and instantly she fell asleep on the way home. I transfered her to bed... and she slept... for 3 and 1/2 hours!!!

My typical day includes coming home to find that Ellie hasn't slept longer than 30 minutes all day, and (sometimes) Sarahlynn and Ellie are both a little crabby about it.

I guess Dad's just a whole lot more boring than Mom.

No comments: