Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Fun

Well, one of my favorite holidays is done and so starts the official winter holiday season. Here's my flourish of random thoughts from the Thanksgiving vacation and about the upcoming holidays.

(1) I love Thanksgiving for a few reasons: turkey, ham, stuffing, yams, green bean casserole, chocolate pecan pie, time off from work, the in-laws, and Harry Potter.

(2) I love the end of Thanksgiving because it means I'm allowed to listen to Christmas CDs again!

(3) This year, we celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday while we were there for Thanksgiving. Pumpkin shaped cake was a miraculous achievement! And I really enjoyed building the winter setting for her to display the ceramic cottages she collects!


(4) The drive home on I-80 around the south of Chicago is always a little rough. This year it was accentuated by even more road construction than usual, an accident on I-55 that slowed things down, and a flat tire! 5 hour drive --> 7 hour trip.

(5) I absolutely LOVE my daughter. Over Thanksgiving, she learned to scold the big dogs when they came too close to her food; and on the trip home, she decided that Lizzi shouldn't be allowed to encroach upon her half of the back seat. "No!" "No!" "No!"


I love the holidays!

No comments: