Monday, June 20, 2005

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!

To all the fathers out there, a big congratulations. I think being a father is one of the most important things I'm doing right now, and one of the hardest. So, I have to tip my hat to all the other fathers going through the same worries, hopes, frustrations, and joys that I am.

Here's my favorite part about being a father:


As for Father's Day, itself, my wife spoiled me wonderfully! She arranged for me to go out with some fellow dads for lunch, beer, and the ever-so-rare movie. We loved it. Meanwhile, she and the moms watched the children at our place. Sounds like they had a fine time, too, but it sure was nice to let myself be distracted from my daughter for a few hours.

But when I came home, the best part of Father's Day was sitting on the floor in the front room, playing... and signing "Dad!" eagerly as I came in the front door! Aparently, she'd been signing for me ever since waking up from her nap. ;-) Kids.... ;-)

No comments: