Tuesday, April 05, 2005

This I Believe (preface)

I'm going to write and post one of these later, but I wanted to advertise what I think is a really great "time capsule" reprise that NPR is organizing: This I Believe

This series is a reincarnation of a 1950's project by Edward R. Murrow, in which both notable and average people contributed statements about what they believe about life and how they've come to those beliefs.

I can imagine that for some people, it was a great opportunity to make political and ethical statements the current state of affairs in the world; but I imagine that for many, as it will be for me (if I get around to it), composing a statement about what you believe is really an opportunity to think deeply about your convictions, your choices, and your goals in life. We'll see...

No comments: