Sunday, April 29, 2007

First Week

The whole first week at my new job is done. I have two key observations. First is that, in contrast to every other job I've started, where the first few days or weeks have been a very slow going period of ramp-up and figuring out what to be working on... in contrast to that, this job has had me engaged from day-1 and I'm really enjoying that.

I think that part of it has to do with where I am in my career, part of it has to do with where this work is at, and part of it has to do with the personalities of the people on this overall team. I'm definitely excited about the new job and finished the week with a smile (if also with a yawn from not getting enough sleep this week).


One of the oddly comforting things about this job, though it only manifests itself at a corporate level so far, is the faith-based nature of the organization. I'm not planning to convert to Catholicism, mind you, but there is something nice about getting a daily devotional email, being invited to prayer meetings, and knowing that there's a meditation room just down the hall. Very different work environment than the corporate America that I'm used to.

Here's to hoping that week-2, and most of the subsequent weeks are as satisfying!!

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

Again, so happy that you're happy at the new job!!