Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Vote (cont.)

It's great to see that so many people did come out an vote on Tuesday. I hope they all get counted, and I wish the best of luck to the officials who are eventually declared winners -- even if they aren't the officials I voted for.

That's me being generous...

What the hell is wrong with our country! I just want to shake people who believe (a) the war on Iraq can be justified by WMDs or terrorism, (b) a woman's right to choose isn't as important as our government's opportunity to dictate, (c) love and marriage, despite being sacred things, should be defined and controlled by the government, or (d) no matter what the rest of the world thinks, our own priorities in the world are clearly the most important. I haven't heard any rational, secular, legal, or scientific arguments to support any of those views. It's like some NASCAR guy said in his proclamation of support for W, "I'm not an issues guy." I guess there are a lot of people out there who have degenerated into letting their emotions drive their decision making.

Best of luck to our new officials. May the intellect God has endowed you with help you govern with wisdom; and may we all see our own intellect as a gift to be exercised regularly. Faith and wisdom don't have to be in such opposition.

No comments: